Happy New Year Quotes by Famous Writers
Hang the twinkle lights, pop the champagne, and toss on something sparkly, on the grounds that the most noticeably awful year in late history is at long last relatively finished and it’s a great opportunity to celebrate. While there is a considerable measure of approaches to ring in the Year 2019, the specific most ideal path for book geeks is to dress like the Fitzgeralds, drink like Hemingway, party like Anaïs Nin, and toast at midnight with one of these Happy New Year Quotes by Famous Writers. Trust me, by midnight, you’re in an ideal situation sharing another person’s words than slurring your own.
New Year Quotes of Famous Writers
It’s no secret that 2018 was a rough year for just about everyone. Filled with violence and terror, dirty politics and disappointing election results, hatred and bigotry, the last 366 days are something we’d all rather put behind us, literally and metaphorically. But with a New Year on the horizon, now isn’t the time for negativity and doubt — it’s the time for hope, change, and (of course) plenty of clinking champagne glasses.
The countdown is officially on, and 2019 is almost here. Instead of spending the night reliving the worst parts of 2018, do what any good writer would do and put on something fancy, pour yourself a glass of something strong, and share some of these Happy New Year Quotes by Famous Writers to help ring in the New Year the right way: with beautiful words of wisdom.
Happy New Year Quotes by Authors
- “The only way to spend New Year’s Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel. Otherwise, when the evening ends and people pair off, someone is bound to be left in tears.” – W.H. Auden
- “Should auld acquaintance be forgotten and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgotten and days of auld lang syne? For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we’ll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.” – Robert Burns
- “The New Year, like an Infant Heir to the whole world, was waited for, with welcomes, presents, and rejoicings.” – Charles Dickens
- “A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world!” – Charles Dickens
- “Why won’t they let a year die without bringing in a new one on the instant, can’t they use birth control on time? I want an interregnum. The stupid year’s patter on with unrelenting feet, never stopping – rising to little monotonous peaks in our imaginations at festivals like New Year’s and Easter and Christmas – But, goodness, why need they do it?” – John Dos Passos
- “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “But can one still make resolutions when one is over forty? I live according to twenty-year-old habits.” – Andre Gide
Happy New Year Quotes by Great Writers
- “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” – Charles Lamb
- “Of all sound of all bells… most solemn and touching is the peal which rings out the Old Year.” – Charles Lamb
- “Time has no divisions to mark its passage. There is never a thunder-storm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year. Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols.” – Thomas Mann
- “I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.” – Anaïs Nin
- “Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer.” – Walter Scott
- “Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true.” – Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- “New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.” – Mark Twain
- “Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever.” – Mark Twain
- “We meet today, To thank Thee for the era done, And Thee for the opening one.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” – Oscar Wilde
New Year Saying by Great Writers
- Your success and happiness lie in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties. — Helen Keller
- From New Year’s on the outlook brightens; good humor lost in a mood of failure returns. I resolve to stop complaining. — Leonard Bernstein
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. — Aristotle
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. —Bill Vaughn
- Youth is when you are allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you are forced to. — Bill Vaughan
- For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. — T.S. Elio
- All of us every single year, we are a different person. I do not think we are the same person all our lives. — Steven Speilberg
- New Year’s most glorious light is sweet hope! ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. – Napoleon Hill
- Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one. – Brad Paisley
- New Year – a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours. – Alex Morritt
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man. ― Benjamin Franklin
- New Year’s Eve, where an auld acquaintance is forgotten. Unless, of course, those tests come back positive. — Jay Leno
- This year my New Year’s resolution was to stop saying ‘Seacrest out!’ after I ejaculate. — Zach Galifianakis
- My New Year’s Resolution List usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds. – Nia Vardalos
Happy New Year Famous Quotes
I wish you a wonderful 2018 full of hope, joy, and happiness and enjoy it with the people you want. Wish you and your family a Happy New Year
May the New Year bring to you the warmth of love, and a light to guide your path towards a positive destination.
Life always gives you a second chance; it’s called Happy New Year 2019.
Wishing You A New Year Filled With New Hopes, New Joy & New Beginnings.
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorrow.
Wishing You A New Year Filled With New Hope, New Joy And New Beginnings.
Wishing You Happy Holidays And New Year Filled With Prosperity & Success.
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorrow.
A New Year Is On The Way And The Possibilities Are Endless.
May we live each page with more meaning by touching people’s lives each day.
It is never too late to start again but yes it is always very early when one gives up.
Lighten up your surroundings with your sweet smile and make way for happiness with your good deeds this New Year.
May you dedicate the New Year to humanity and the betterment of the world at large. Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year.
Be Content with what you have rejoiced in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
Let’s welcome this new year with smiles on our faces and hopes in your heart for the best. Wish you a very Happy New Year 2019